Happy Birthday, baby Simms! I cannot believe how fast these twelve months have gone by. All week I've been feeling weepy and nostalgic remembering the moment that we became your parents. One year ago today, you arrived and changed our lives and hearts. It's been one of the happiest years of our lives. Seems like just yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital.
![]() |
| Just a few minutes old.... |
![]() |
| 1 day old |
![]() |
| 1 year old |
One year later, Simms is feeding himself solid food, playing "fetch" with the dogs, pointing to things he wants, pointing to where he wants to go, crawling everywhere, going up and down stairs, drinking out of a sippy cup, turning pages in books, recognizing objects (duck, squirrel, rabbit, cat, bird, dog, ball, nose), saying words (dog, dada, duck, rudy,ball, bye), etc. And before long, this little man will be walking (he's already cruising all over the house). I can't believe how much happens in one short year.
On Saturday, we celebrated with a small family dinner. Lola Nora, Dada Upa, Nina, Jerel, and Roscoe came over for the his birthday dinner. Grandma Barbara and Pop were in Oklahoma visiting family, but they'll be back in town for his birthday party next weekend. I spent Saturday morning cooking a special meal: pasta noodles topped with homemade bolognese sauce (and baking a birthday cake, of course). In\the Philippines, noodles are typically served on birthdays (long noodles = long life). Keeping with filipino tradition, I made the birthday boy a special noodle dish. Next weekend, Nina, Jerel, Greg and I are having a joint birthday party for Simms and Roscoe. Their birthdays are about a week apart - how fun!
![]() |
| I know he can't appreciate it yet, but I couldn't stop myself from making him a special birthday banner and a birthday onesie... |
![]() |
| A mouthful of noodles |
![]() |
Roscoe was in celebratory spirit
Simms's First Birthday Cake
Roscoe helped Simms blow out the one birthday candle |
![]() |
Roscoe also generously agreed to help open presents.
Simms got lots of his favorite items: BOOKS! He's building up an excellent library. |
![]() |
| Happy 1st birthday, baby Simms. We love you so much! |
wow -- i can't believe it's been a year. a what a wonderful year!! happy birthday simms!
ReplyDelete