During her last week at VA, Simms and I visited her at work. We bumped into her in the hospital corridor and she was carrying a large piece of cake. I asked, "What's that for?" Mom replied, "It's one of my patient's birthdays today. I wanted to make sure he got a birthday cake." For 42 years and up until her very last day as a nurse, she carried an unwavering commitment to care for other people.
There's a reason why nurses are called "angels with stethoscopes." Our mom epitomized this.
Congratulations, mom, on your retirement after 42 years. You've made us very proud.
And now...the fun really begins!
There's a reason why nurses are called "angels with stethoscopes." Our mom epitomized this.
Congratulations, mom, on your retirement after 42 years. You've made us very proud.
And now...the fun really begins!
| Mom and her coworkers in the dialysis unit |
| Simms making the rounds |
| One of mom's favorite patients |
