Friday, July 13, 2012

Simms Turns Two

Happy Birthday, Simms!  It's hard to believe that our little guy is already 2 years old. The time has passed so quickly. He is such a smart, affectionate, loving, curious, happy, adventurous little boy. We feel like the luckiest parents in the world.

This year, he was old enough to enjoy his first school birthday party with classmates, so Greg and I brought cupcakes to his classroom for an afternoon treat.


Here's Greg bringing a pan full of cupcakes

Simms and his buddy, Ella



Everything was going smoothly until....

...his sweet teacher, Mrs. Teresa, tried to help him remove the cupcake liner. But since he's a big, independent toddler now, he wants to do everything on his own. "Me Do It!"


                                                                                    



Result: upset birthday boy who no longer wanted a cupcake.
.
Small meltdown, but he eventually recovered. 


Meanwhile, all the other kiddos enjoyed the party and their cupcakes.

Add caption


Later that evening, I cooked one of Simms's favorite foods for his birthday dinner:  noodles. Nothing fancy - just some spinach linguine with spicy marinara. Simms LOVES noodles. And I don't  mean just spaghetti. I'm talking every kind of noodle.   In fact, the more ethnic the noodle - the better.


 He loves Japanese udon noodles, Filipino pansit, Chinese Lo Mein, Pad Thai, Spicy Pad See Ew, Japanese Yakisoba,  Vietnamese Pho. It doesn't matter if it's cellophane noodles, vermicelli noodles, wheat noodles, rice noodles, buckwheat noodles, egg noodles, etc.  The kid does not discriminate. He hasn't met a noodle yet that he didn't like.

Feasting on spinach linguine


Since he didn't eat a cupcake at his school birthday party (due to meltdown), he enjoyed a  cupcake after his birthday dinner.


"How old is Simms?" Simms is TWO!
Aunt Nina gave Simms a large can of green beans as one of his birthday gifts. He loves green beans.


Nina, Jerel and Roscoe also gave him this terrific chalkboard. He loves it. 



Tough (impossible?!)  to get a family photo where everyone actually looks at the camera.

 Poor Jasper. He looks like a narwhal with that birthday hat over his forehead.

Simms's special birthday banner (you know how I love banners).
I think I'll keep it and continue to add photos as the years go by.

Happy Birthday, Simms! Thanks for giving us the best 2 years of our lives. 






No comments:

Post a Comment