Friday, June 22, 2012

Happy Father's Day & Happy Birthday (to me!)

This year, my birthday and Father's Day fell on the same date (June 17th) - so, I had the honor of celebrating my 36th birthday with my favorite Super Dads (Upa, Barry, Greg, Chris, Jerel & Mike). What a terrific way to spend the day! 

From the moment I woke up, to the moment I fell asleep, it was a day filled with love, laughs and good company and good cheer. Thanks, everyone, for making the day so special.


This is what a woke up to....

 
followed by this...

Greg made shrimp and grits topped with fresh asparagus and hollandaise sauce.
  Served with thick cut peppered bacon (my favorite) and fresh fruit.

I was planning on making him breakfast for Father's Day, but he beat me to it.
What a guy!
  
Later in the afternoon, the Powells, Parikhs, and Levanways came over for a
Father's Day Lunch.  Everyone contributed a delicious dish to the luncheon including pork loin,
filipino pansit palabok, indian aloo gobi, asian cucumber salad, blueberry cobbler, chocolate cake & fresh fruit.

Nina had been in Los Angeles all week, and woke up at 4am that morning,
 so she could fly back to MS to celebrate with all of us. 


Michelle and Turtle baked this tasty chocolate cake.
 I love the way Turtle decorated it -  colorful, festive and fun!
My niece is one talented little artist.

Roscoe and Turtle carefully stick candles in the cake.
Good teamwork!

Turtle (Special Events Coordinator) came fully prepared with a birthday banner and balloons.
She made sure that it was a real party!


"Pardon me. excuse me. There are presents to open..."

After all the delicious food and cake, we all went outside and played in the backyard.






In honor of Father's Day, Simms and Jasper wore matching formal wear -
Little "ties" that I sewed onto their onesies and shirts.


The granddads taking a siesta. Good way to wrap up the afternoon.
Happy Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment