Sunday, November 21, 2010

Craftivism

Thursday was the annual "Fondren Unwrapped" event, where local shops and art galleries open up their doors for a holiday open house.  My great friend, Lida, had space at a booth and invited me to try and sell my some of my handmade crafts with her (beaded origami ornaments, acorn-filled bird nests, kitschy magnets, fabric covered pins, holiday onesies, origami earrings). It was a fun, festive evening and I even sold a few items! But for now, I should probably keep my day job...


My craft "business cards"
(Jerel made the cool wire frame that it's sitting on)




Bird's nest ornament made from a real Burr Oak Acorn (These acorns are the largest of any North American oak)
Craft friends (Sally, Lida and Nina) and I made several of  these last year; Sally has a Burr Oak tree in her yard and came up with this idea.

Hand Printed Onesies

Earrings  made from origami paper

Bottle Cap Fairy Magnets
Fabric covered magnets

Simms's first Fondren Art Walk








1 comment:

  1. yay joy!! i am so happy to see this. what fun!
    your creations look fabulous.
    next stop: etsy!
    xoxo
    liz

    ReplyDelete